iZōsh “Kick-off” Breakfast
Women, please join us:
Saturday, May 12, 8:45am-11am Huron Hills Church, 3150 Glazier Way, Ann Arbor, 48105
You are invited you to be a part of an exciting group called iZōsh: Women Investing In Women. The group was founded by a small group of women at Huron Hills Church who were inspired to make a difference by the book, Half the Sky. The name iZōsh comes from the Ethiopian language Amharic. It is a word that means many things, but can be explained as “compassionate support of a woman”. iZōsh is dedicated to the economic empowerment of women globally who are living in extreme poverty. By giving micro loans to these women we help them to lift themselves out of extreme poverty and reduce the risk of oppression and exploitation in their lives. Saturday, May 12: iZōsh Kick-off Breakfast
- Doors open at 8:45am for a greeting and gathering time
- Breakfast will be served promptly at 9am. A suggested $2 donation is appreciated.
- Guest Speaker, Ravi Rao, from World Vision-US, will speak on “Powerlessness: the effect of poverty & why micro-finance is life-changing”
- Experience how women around the world save and loan money to each other.
- A small group will demonstrate how iZōsh will collectively make a loan. No loan contributions will be collected at this first meeting.
- We will celebrate the difference we are making together for women around the world.
It is really that simple. We will learn about the harsh reality of life for many women in our world today, take action in response to help this injustice, and celebrate the hope we will be giving to someone. It’s women investing in women, devoted to improving lives! Join us on Saturday, May 12 and invite your friends as we launch iZōsh. There will only be 3 meetings each year of iZōsh, so you don’t want to miss this! To reserve a seat for yourself and a friend, please send an email to Marcia and Robin at contact (at) izosh.org or let us know through Facebook.